Higher Education Support Program
Academic Fellowship Program
The International Higher Education Support Program (HESP) promotes the advancement of higher education within the humanities and social sciences throughout the region of Central, Southeast and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union and Mongolia. HESP’s Academic Fellowship Program (AFP) contributes to higher education development through support of promising local young scholars and their strategic placement at selected departments, committed to reforms and changes. AFP is now searching for Academic Fellowship Programs’ Region Manager for South Caucasus (SC) Region (Tbilisi based).
SC Region Manager will report directly to the Academic Fellowship Program Director. Region Manager will be responsible for the successful management and coordination of the AFP fellowship programs and strategy implementation in respective region;
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure smooth implementation of all fellowship programs and projects in the target region according the AFP/HESP strategy ;
- Supervise daily work of the regional office; be responsible for the program, administrative and financial management ;
• Work closely with the staff, fellows and main stakeholders to incorporate particular local needs and necessities of the higher education systems in the regional program priorities;
- Oversee , plan and manage running programs and activities in the target region;
- Oversee partner/stakeholder relations and accommodate their feedback when strategizing;
- Contribute in development and improvement of fellowship program policies and procedures;
- Prepare program and financial reports for the Program Director;
• Establish good working relations and assist partner departments in implementing their reform agenda, including academic and professional development ;
- Ensure compliance of all legal operations, financial reporting and record-keeping with the Program requirements;
- Prepare and participate in performance appraisal of the program field staff;
Minimum Master’s degree or equivalent. in the fields of education , public administration , social studies/humanities and/or other relevant discipline;
CREDENTIALS AND/OR SKILLS & ABILITIES
At least three years experience in a managerial capacity; Experience and competencies in working in a multicultural environment; experience and or understanding of the development of educational programs;
An advanced command of the English Language; ability to communicate on one of the regional languages is an advantage. Extensive program management and planning skills; excellent communication skills;
Application deadline is Friday, August 29, 2008.
For more information on AFP please see www.soros.org/initiatives/hesp/focus/afp or www.afpwebfolio.org : OSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer which supports diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
TM and Copyright © 2006 Open Society Institute. All rights reserved.