Open Society Georgia Foundation‘s aim is to implement values which promote an open and free society in Georgia and the only charitable function of the Foundation is to protect the interests of society. OSGF supports social initiatives set forth by organizations and individuals which are dedicated to building a free and open society in Georgia. Through the employment of grants, OSGF offers these programs and projects financial and technical support.
The Civil Society and Media Support program (CSMS) seeks to ensure the public’s active involvement in decision-making processes and to maintain public control over ongoing reforms by supporting the development of cooperation mechanisms as well as the institutional strength and professional capacity of civil society and the media (www.csf.ge).
Supervisor: Executive Director
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- The Program Manager will be responsible for strategic planning and development of the program;
- Coordinate program directions;
- Personally implement activities planned in terms of one of the directions of the program;
- Provide leadership and team management in achievement of the program goals;
- Establish and maintain contacts, collaborate with individuals and organizations that are of particular concern of OSGF Civil Society and Media Support Program strategic objectives in the country. Organize regular meetings within foundation as well as with other organizations. Analyze the processes that are taking place in the country within the program area. Advocate for the best ideas and methods under the program objectives;
- Participate in fundraising, communicate with other donors;
- Prepare different type of plans and reports about implementation of the program and impact of the program activities to the needs of the country. Maintain program files and associated program documentation;
- Support the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects corresponding to the program;
- Follow the requirements of the local legislation and OSGF procedures and regulations.
- High education in Social Sciences and/or affiliated disciplines
- At least two years working experience in civil society and/or media direction of public-service or academic institutions
- Ability to observe global tendencies within the program area taking place in the country
- Experience in management and in analytical / research activities
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to plan, coordinate and control activities/assignments
- Ability to communicate, to work independently and under pressure
- Fluency in Georgian, English and Russian languages
- Excellent writing skills
- Computer literacy
- High sense of responsibility and fairness;
Open Society Georgia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by submitting the following documents:
1. Hand written motivation letter (in either Georgian or English), stating desire and reason to be employed
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV – including names and contact information of three references) stating seamless information of personal development since start of school (please mention here as well your address, telephone and e-mail, if available)
3. Copy of passport
4. Copies of latest relevant school or university diploma/certificates
5. two reference letters.
Interested applicants should deliver a application documents to the Open Society – Georgia Foundation Office, 10 Chovelidze str., Tbilisi, no later than December 20, 2007, 17:00.
The application shall be placed in the Open Society – Georgia Foundation office.
Notice: Please submit only copies of your documents, because they are not returned to the applicant.
Only qualified short-listed candidates will be contacted.