The Open Society Georgia Foundation (OSGF)
is pleased to announce an opening
for the position of Executive Director
OSGF was established in 1994 by the Open Society Institute (OSI) in New York. The foundation works toward establishing values of open society in Georgia. It serves only charitable purposes and the interests of society.
OSGF implements projects and supports the initiatives of individuals and organizations working toward the promotion of the rule of law, good governance and transparency; the development of civil society organizations and the media; the promotion of civic values; regional cooperation and European integration; and addressing economic and social needs. The Foundation’s mission is to actively support the structural and cultural transformation necessary for building an open society. The activities of OSGF programs are directly linked to this mission.
Duties of the Executive Director
– Defines the Foundation’s strategy together with the foundation’s Executive Board and monitors its implementation;
– Is accountable to the Foundation’s Executive Board and to OSI;
– Supervises all of the Foundation’s program activities;
– Controls the financial department of the Foundation and is responsible for OSGF funds;
– Represents the Foundation during negotiations and meetings with various donor and international organizations, as well as with government institutions;
– Collaborates with non-governmental organizations (spin-offs) established with the assistance of the Foundation;
– Manages the Foundation’s human resources;
– Ensures that the Foundation is in compliance with its charter and relevant local legislation, and with OSI policies and directives.
– Significant experience in management;
– Experience in working with international organizations and local NGOs.
– Higher education;
– Excellent knowledge of Georgian and English languages;
– Excellent understanding of the political, social, and economic issues facing contemporary Georgia;
– Computer literacy (MS office programs);
– Ability to manage financial documents.
– Team leader as well as good team player;
– Excellent strategic and analytical skills;
– Ability to work independently and take prompt decisions;
– Good communication skills;
– Ability to travel frequently within Georgia and internationally.
OSGF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all interested candidates to submit a letter of motivation and CV to the Foundation secretariat at the following address: 10 Chovelidze (Former Belinski) Str., Tbilisi, Georgia.
Contact person: Tiko Tushishvili.
The deadline for submitting applications is June 8, 2008, 17:00 local time.
Salary range will be commensurate with established salary history, qualifications, and work experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. The foundation Executive Board and OSI will make the final decision after interviews with the selected candidates.